Air Box Cover 2000 Beta Rev 3 270

scoobie

Hi,

I'm having trouble fitting the airbox cover - there's a large hole that goes through the cover, then through the bodywork and then into the airbox. There is no screwthread in the airbox , so what goes in there to keep it in place? Or should there be some form of thread in there? Where it attaches to the airbox at the other points, there are metal threaded inserts.

If I attach the cover at the threaded holes, it seems to be way of the larger hole in the top right-hand corner. Do you think it's the wrong cover?

Where's the best place to get hold of the proper screws/fasteners that are used to attach the bodywork, the piece of plastic that keeps the air filter in place and the air box cover, and a sidestand?

Cheers,

Thanks for that.

I rang BVM and tried to explain the problem, but his parts catalogue didn't show it and they havn't got a bike of that year in.

Before I order a new air box can someone with a similar year bike check how their air filter cover attaches to the air box. On mine there is a hole in the top left of the cover for a screw that goes into the airbox. There is also one at the bottom of the cover that does the same. At corresponding points on the airbox there are brass threaded inserts.

At the top righthand of the cover there is a hole which matches a hole in the bodywork and one in the airbox. However, the hole in the airbox is just that - a hole with no threaded insert. Is this missing? If so then I need a new airbox and they're +

Edited by Scoobie

On my 2004, the screw goes into a long metal bolt thats hexagonal at the end. This had lost its grip on the airbox so the screw wouldn't screw into it, I used some arelite to secure it. I guess the bolt must be missing on your bike as it would leave a large hole.

You could always just ducktape the thing on! :D

(would probably be more watertight :thumbup: )