Ever Seen This Bike ?

sherco 125

I must admit, I bought one of the 2000 model Bultaco Sherco's brand new back in '99 just because I liked the idea of owning a new Bultaco. I was sorry they had to drop the Bultaco name after that.

Although I must say I was also sorry the build quality was so bad. The frame went rusty after the very first ride on it.

derbi and dam good bike!

I had a derbi when i was a youth and was a wicked bike for a 50cc wheelie up the box in to 3ed!!

and the only 50cc bike that will leave a chave in a corsa at the lights!!! :thumbup:

Edited by clammy

poor build quality?? i still have my 99 ssdt limited addition bike. My son is now riding it. looks great, runs great. no rust. original piston, never split the cases.

My 2000 model wasn't very good at all. Perhaps I had a bad one?

The frame showed signs of rust around the headstock and foot plate mounting welds when it was less than 1 week old.

The footrests themselves rusted from underneath the plating despite being covered in WD40.

The rear suspension linkages were bone dry when I took delivery of the bike, the cylinder head o ring failed within three trials and the fan packed in within a few months.

I rode the bike in easy trials for a couple of years and it always needed something replacing or repairing.

I can only speak as I found, I'm sure many other people have had years of trusty service from their Bultaco/Sherco's.... I didn't, sorry.

Edited by scorpa3