Cota '04 Clutch

koevoet

Help...further to my last post I have got a set of raceline dimpled clutch plates.I removed the original plates and fitted the new ones but now the clutch drags all the time! it will free wheel in neutral but with the clutch lever pulled in it will not free wheel if in gear.What have I done wrong? I think (pretty sure ) that the plates came out and went back in in the same order only with dimpled steel plates instead of the old ones?!HELP

never done this before and thought that it would be straight forward enough! (to quote,"a ten minute job").

I ran an 04 with 3 dimpled and 3 plain plates (if I remember the numbers right). As the 'pack' wouldn't disengage with all the dimpled plates in - they are too fat, so drop some out and stick a couple of std ones back in. 315 Clutch is so over engineered this will not cause any problems.

What oil are you using ? The best clutch I could get was using elf htx, tried ATF, Clutch Tuner, etc and never managed to get it as slick as with elf.