Beta Techno Setup

philcom2000

Hi all

I brought myself a 1997 beta techno, the problem is i am a big bugger at 17.8st. I was wondering how much the back end should sag down when i sit on it, at the moment its droping 4-5 inches. I know how to adj the suspension but i dont know how stiff it needs to be being a complete novice.

Cheers for any help :blink:

Edited by philcom2000

Phil, depends what you are riding over really, if the shock is bottoming out over medium rocks, logs etc wind it up untill it isnt. Does nt want to be to hard so it does nt travel much but needs to use as much of the spring as possible without bottoming on most stuff. The rebound is up to you, if you want to hop around alot it needs to be springier but not so much that its like a pogo stick. Front and rear suspension should work together as well, push the bike up and down near the seat and see if both are working at the same rate or near to it. You may find you need a stiffer spring than standard which can be bought without too much trouble

For starters adjust the spring until it don't bottom out on about a 2 to 3 foot drop off then adjust your rebound to where its a little springy if its to fast when you hit a hill it will unload and lose traction. If it still bottoms you might need a stiffer spring or have your shock rebuild.

Philcomm2000

I have a minor ( :thumbup: ) dimensional issue myself and have found the back boingy bits on mine cope fairly well. Granted it a little more recent Paioli shock but it might help...

I moved the spring back to it's fullest extent then tightened the spring down 10 turns to get the preload okay the adjusted the brass screw to a stiffer setting..seems to work

PS don't listen to R2, look at the "that's buggered that" thread you'll se why :beer:

I think i have finally got this rear suspension thing fixed, i have adjusted the spring to make it a lot stiffer which has given the rear a bit of life. My dad setup the front for me so the suspension all works together. I was told when i got the bike that it would be to heavy and hard to learn on, but i have to disagree now that the suspension is right.

Thanks for all you input guys........ :D