Rotax Scorpa

aaron77

i,m looking for an older less expensive trials bike just as a hobby bike with the odd competition outing,and just want to know if the early rotax engined scorpa was or is any good,and any obvious bad points to look out for when viewing one.i come from a mx background and know very little about trials bikes so any advice would be appreciated.although it says in my identity that i have a 315 montesa this was bought and sold as a non runner and turned into a very expensive mistake which i am keen to avoid a repeat of. :blink::icon_rendeer:

Edited by aaron77

a Rotax engined Scorpa is not the most common bike around and i would think spares etc not easy to come by.

to start trials cheaply, look for a late 90's monoshock like a Beta Techno; surprised you had problems with the 315 Montesa...I started with a 2000 Gas Gas; it had problems, like a worn out rear shock; I paid

Got to agree with above post, I had a rotax Scorpa in '99,it definitely had the highest price spares of any bike I've had before or after,and it wasn't that good anyway.Avoid ,a Beta of that era was/is far better if you can find one still in good nick