River Sections

scottt

As a person who hasnt competed in many Trials I was wondering why there never seem to be any sections whe you ride down a river/stream/beck it always seems to be up against the water flow, is there a reason for this?

I have tried it when practising and it does seem a bit more tricky. Just curious as to why.

I suppose it boils down to the fact that if you crash going down a stream you go over the bars and fall face first into the water, where as if you crash going up, you are more likely to fall backwards onto your behind.

I don't like downhill sections into water one little bit myself

it could be something to do with the fact that water flows downhill so if it is a steep stream or any stream as a matter of fact then you are always going uphill so it will make the section harder? also i think that riding into the flow of water is easier to concentrate and see where you are going rather than riding with the flow and also if you drop your bike when the water is flowing in the same direction as you are going then youre gunna have a flooded bike so that might be something to do wid it aswell?