Serco

toyboy2

Adams was the original Serco owner, As an engineer and trials rider he developed the "trick" trials bits. He emigrated to Austrailia a couple of years ago and sold the Serco business and the house that the business operated from to Ian Roberts.

Hi does anybody out their know if Mr Adams still does trick bits for cubs in Aus and does he export. Is there a way of getting in touch with him?

Have been watching this thread for the last week and I am quite surprised that nobody has had the same experience as myself. I have ordered things over the phone given my details, and then told it will be in the post tonight mate. Two weeks went by and nothing arrived. I phoned up and was told must be lost in post mate, will send it again. This went on for some time and still nothing arrived. On the positive side no money had been taken the bloke must be a real plonker. This never happened in Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just picked up my head from mr roberts who has been carrying out a 230 conversion. what a mess when whe dropped out the valves he had fitted second hand valve guides one of which was damaged and both worn along with this he had fitted the wrong valves!!!!!. this man calls himself a profesional and a Qualified engineer? B*******s the man is a fraud who has pulled down a reputable business along with MR Adams name who a lot of people still link him to SERCO. If you still want to deal with this man after reading thread do so at your own risk.

Looks like I had a lucky escape? Bob your man at UPBUK has most parts by return. Have received a Personal message, from a gentleman that his engine built by Serco and he said that it has given him nothing but trouble, since he ran. The engine has since been rebuilt by third party. It had some second hand parts in it that were supposed to be new including the oil pump

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Have just remachined a friends Honda piston that he had from Mr roberts. When it was fitted into his cub, the engine would not turn over as the piston fouled the crank. Look as though Mr Roberts is not able to measure and calculate the amount of metal to remove, but is able to calculate a bill.

Jack

• 1 month later...
Someone well known in the tirals world who keeps his finger on the pulse told me today that SERCO had gone bust - hope he's wrong as I have a SERCO engine in my Cub!

Hi

I've just posted a new thread re. Ian Roberts and just found this one so apologies for splitting the topic. Jim, did you get anywhere retreiving your engine?

Rob

• 2 months later...