Observing question to ponder.

pete_scorpa3

Hi Pete, we had this anomally discussed at a recent coc meeting. None of us thought it was right, but it was explained to us that 'the poor old observer had to replace the marker that was dislodged' so one deserves to get a 'five'. Thought it a bit harsh really, as we usually just ignore the other markers anyway....Luv to Dad....

Here's a multi route trial question to ponder, I was given a five recently for knocking out a marker. No problem with that, I smiled and accepted it graciously, we've all done it, that's trials.

Had I been the observer I would definately done the same!

However, thinking about it on the way home, I wonder 'if' it was the right descision?

I was riding the yellow (middle) route and the white (easy) route came in from the side. The white and yellow markers were stuck in the ground touching each other with the white one on the 'outside' of the course.

It was approaching a step and needed a dab which took out the white marker leaving the yellow untouched.

Would you, like me, have given a five for knocking out a marker from a different route, or would you have awarded just the one?