Trials D Nations- No Dl?

bdmc

not just that, overall performance in a season taking the world rounds 1st and then domestic championships, if a rider for example was riding the world rounds but was being continually beat by another rider at home who wasnt doing the world rounds the rider out performing the other rider should be picked- something like that.

I'm only speaking theoretically, it could be a different country's TDN team not the UK, I'm just talking about overall performance, but, I forget that your an expert in everything so I suppose I shouldnt post anything on the forums when there is such an expert in our midst

Edited by eddie_lejeune

its nothing to do with Dougie, look at it like this, why did England not call Gary Lineaker up for the euros as he is the record goal scorer or near enough

Dougie is past it at that level and i think its only fair that people riding competitively should be picked for those teams

I think it's time for the younger guys to show us what they are made of. We can't always rely on Dougie to keep the team afloat, no offence to Doug, but the sooner the young kids ride at this level the quicker they will adapt and progress and beat the Spanish! Young rider development should be a priority and this is a step toward that. There had to be a point where it was going to start and this is the year, good luck to them. Im sure they will give 110% effort to get as close as they can to Bou, Raga, Cabes and Fajardo.

It's a big pity for Doug and Great Britain that he did not get selected for the Team, his experience and presence alone would surely have been a boost to the confidence of the other Team Members.

At least the other Teams will be glad.

Never the less good luck to our boys.

It's a big pity for Doug and Great Britain that he did not get selected for the Team, his experience and presence alone would surely have been a boost to the confidence of the other Team Members.

At least the other Teams will be glad.

Never the less good luck to our boys.

I'm sure Dougie is gracious about the decision- don't see how the other teams will be glad though?

The main loser is probably the event itself- he is a big name and crowd favourite after all.