Ty250 Wire Question

fomocoguy

Hey everyone. I'm new here, but I'm working on my late uncles 76 TY250, it ran for a bit, then I parked it. Trying to start it back up after about 3 years of sitting. And no spark. I cleaned the carb and tank out nice and shinny. I noticed, my dog had chewed a few of the wires up. So I'm hoping someone might now where they connect to. From the flywheel case up to the frame. I have a black, yellow red stripe, and solid yellow from the engine. Above that I have 2 black wires, a blue and yellow with red stripe coming down from the frame. Any help is very appreciated. Thank you.

post-22881-0-82591500-1472008126_thumb.jpeg

Edited by fomocoguy

You probably should look under the tank and identify which wire goes to the HT ignition coil. The black wire coming out of the magneto casing should run to the HT ignition coil and also to the killswitch. The other two wires coming out of the magneto casing are for the lighting circuit

PS by the look of the cylinder and carby, it looks like a 75 model to me not 76

Thank you, I have the tank off now, but without unwrapping the wires from the black tape, is kinda hard to tell. I can tell a black wire goes in and comes out, and I'm assuming the other black wire serves as the kill switch. I connected all 3 of the black wires together, and still get no spark. But the flywheel has some surface rust, and probably not making electrical contact. I need to pop it off, but don't have a flywheel puller. Trying to find one in town has Bernadette chore. Thank you again for the help. I was told it's they thought its a 76, but the title was lost, so it can very well be a 75 like you suggest.