Ayup from wakefield , West Yorkshire

Big rich

Ow do

the names rich I'm 28 and from wakey, just wanted to say hello to the forum. Been out of the biking scene for a while due to work and family commitments but I've scraped together 2k and I am currently seeking a decent starter bike for a novice rider. My first bike way back when I was 11, was  a Yamaha Ty 250 and even though it was far too big and powerful for me I had many years of fun on it . It was also by far the most reliable bike I've ever owned. Since then I've owned a few motocross bikes (all Honda ) all of which were very fun, they also cost me a bob or two in maintanance and repair . So anyway decided to go back to my roots of trials and I'm very excited to do so . If anyone could point me in the right direction of a few trials shops near my parts I would certainly appreciate it. 

Cheers 

Rich

Hi there are a few shops. B and B in Barnsley, trials UK at Horsforth, RAS sport in Brighouse. There's a newish startup in Thornhill called Korky's. I know people who have had work done by them and they sell second hand bikes. Good luck. Parkwood off road at Tong is THE place to practice. Good luck

14 minutes ago, anotherfive said:

Hi there are a few shops. B and B in Barnsley, trials UK at Horsforth, RAS sport in Brighouse. There's a newish startup in Thornhill called Korky's. I know people who have had work done by them and they sell second hand bikes. Good luck. Parkwood off road at Tong is THE place to practice. Good luck

Hey 

thanks for your reply. My parents actually bought the afor mentioned Ty 250 from B and B in Royston . I've looked on the website but didn't see anything in my price range . Is it worth me going in for a look ?

cheers

Ayup from Huddersfield! I would personally look at the second hand bikes on this site or eBay. You'll be paying a few hundred quid over what there worth from a shop. I know there's a bit more come back from a shop but beware of one that says bikes have passed through its workshop!!! Bumpys in Leeds is also good to have a practice at. Good luck!

ayup Paul

i fully understand where you're coming from . I've joined a few groups on facebook and scour fleabay daily. I've got a fair bit of land to play on where I live but will eventually get bored of doing the same old stuff on my own . How much is it to ride at bumpys ? 

Rich