Hard To Start Running Rough Rev3

leggins

Tryed starting it today again and it was not having it.Removed spark plug and it was pi..ed wet through cleaned plug which was new a fortnight ago and shoved it back in and tryed again.Still no joy so i removed carb and stripped it totaly down. When i removed choke plunger i found a small amount of aluminuim blocking hole in bottomn of choke housing.Cleaned all carb jets reset float height and put carb back on and it fired up first time. Just goes to show how these mikuni carbs are thrown together for beta! I also fit my fork protectors and repsol fork stickers which finish it off nicely

Edited by betarick

This may sound really silly, but have you checked to see if it is getting a GOOD spark, my bike was being a bugger to start (98 techno). I was thinking it was the stator/cdi etc. It turns out it was the HT lead where it screws into the coil pack had a bad connection

P/S BetaRick, where did you get them repsol beta fork stickers there wicked!

Regards

Jonno

Got fork stickers from steve saunders think they were only about 8 quid. I want some swinging arms repsol ones now as i have worn one of the beta ones off! Just a shame you have to buy a full set off him but he is looking into doing them seperatly

Well thought i had bad cold starting sorted till this afternoon when i got to adingham moorside or the nab if you want to call it that! its still not liking it from cold but once it was warm it ran the best it as ever.Bike felt really lively and revs cleanly but getting sick off having to kick it over when cold for 5 mins?

Rick, try this, may work? when you start it from cold open the throttle wide a couple of times, stick it in 2 nd gear and rock it back and fore so the engine turns over. Do it about 10-12 times then kick it over, mine fires first time every time doing this, but not so good without it.

Edited by Betarev3

had a hell of a job starting my rev 3 today (20 ish kicks ) but when it did decide to go it ran the best its run since ive owned it. I used a mix of 75 to 5l of petrol this seems fine so far. before I did the carb mods on r2w,s web page I had all the beta problems i.e stalling when facing downhill , losing liquid gold by the bucket load when the bike was leaning over, constantly flooding etc etc i did the mods which took me 20 mins tops and hey presto what a differance its made. So if you havent done them get to work its well worth it.

cheers leggins