Ty 80 (help In Setting Carb Up Please)

lainamick

I've just got my son a TY 80 and i am having problems with the carb,It is always leaking petrol from the overflow,i have tried adjusting the floats and have cleaned it all out,but it's still leaks, are there any settings i can try. Also does anyone know the right 2 stroke oil mixture, the oil pump as been removed so i have to use mixed petrol. thanks for any help

if you have adjusted the float levels to the correct position then it could be that the needle jet is knackered. try a new one ..looks like a plumb bob that sits inbetween the floats which cuts off the supply of fuel into the bowl. 50.1 should be about right for fuel mixture.

Exhaust may be plugged, especially if it has run rich or rich on oil a long time.

Is the oil pump totally removed, or just disconnected? If still there, it would have continued to pump oil at small amounts, so when engine idles it gets essentially twice the normal oil amount. At least until the first tank full of oil runs out. Then the muffler is restricted. Have seeen that several times.

Common TY80 carb issues:

-pilot jets plug easily, just remove the screw and blow cleaner in through the hole for temporary fix. until proper cleaning.

-Slides wear. then tough to get idle properly

-small brass pin on side gets loose in carb body, vibrate partly out, slide can then rotate or bind up and won't return to idle. Make sure brass pin is in and put some epoxy on outside.

-air filter clean?

good luck.

great little kids learning bikes.

kcj