Man 17 Road Trial Peak Forest 24/09/06

doogle

I am planning on making the long trip up to ride this trial.

Is it a good one? I presume it's 40 sections and 1 lap?

I understand that it's enter on the day. Will I be able to do day membership as I am a member of a south midland centre club?

Cheers

Dave

Very good trial, sensible sections with 2 routes.

Its usually 2 laps of 18-20 sections.

Enter on the day.

Not sure about day membership but just turn up and sort it out. I don't think they will turn you away!!

Well worth the journey.

Mark T

yeah 20 sections, 2 laps

Give me a wave, i'm observing :-)

You won't get turned away for not being a member, join on the day, not much to join anyway.

P.S. for any additional questions you could speak to Jude Mellor or Andy & Kev Hipwell at Gas Gas in Buxton (organisers) on 01298 766813

Hope this helps

Andy

Edited by Andy_290

Cheers Andy, great info, i will give you a wave if i get far enough up your section. I'll be the one dabbing as if me life depends on it, probably fall off as well!! Ralph will be the one doing 180 flick turns and loads of back wheel hopping for no apparent reason, you have to shout Nice!!!! if he does it in your section, its the law!!!! or Dog S**t Ralphy if he falls off

Edited by Betarev3

Think I am right in saying that all the Man17 trials including this one are open trials so any member of any ACU club in any centre can enter.

If you looking for another similar trial the John mac on the 22nd Oct is a good one.

Nice one, yes might see you there. We are in a red transporter. I am the one that will spend most of the trial on his a@se, and my mate is the one who will be shouting and swearing a lot. If you don't see him there is a good chance you will hear him!

the trial is always a well run event. the sections are only used once a year and are off very good quality. their is plenty of variation including a superb group with a river running through it. i ride the clubman route and find it a superb day out. this trial is one which is well worth a visit even if you are travelling a long way. my main concern is about the butty van, will it be there??.

The John Mac trial starts just out side Macclesfield signed from the Congleton - Buxton road regs are TMX its enter on the day, sections used are in the some of same venues as the Dave Rowland/Bemrose plus a few others.2 laps 20 section its an early start 10 as its a bit late in year.Start is Burnt House Farm Wincle the likely start area as this years Northern Experts.

I can't wait to do a trial now (Man 17).It's all right all this pratice but you can't beat a good trial.

Hi Mac,

Have done both of them will be coming up again. Nice.

Sorry just seen butty van.

You will now know me because i will be the one with egg all over my face, in my hair,on me ears,eye brows, on my CHINS and browsause down my top. Please no jokes about egg on faces.