Man 17 Road Trial Peak Forest 24/09/06

doogle

What a cracking trial today, big thanks to the club and all the hard work that obviously went in to it. Definately be doing next years event and probably a few more the club holds in the year. Great bits of land and all the sections very rideable for us Southerners who come out in a rash and cold sweats when faced with greasy streams and waterfalls.

Shouted a quick hello to Andy on a section but not sure if he knew who the bloke with the funny accent was, everyone friendly observers and riders.

Ralph had a couple of nice shouts for flick turns one of which nearly cost him a five on an easy section 2 from laughing when he heard me shout it.

Pretty sure me and Ralph were first to finish and definatley first through most of the sections due to inexperience of riding slippy streams and not finding a really good hiding place for the first hour of the trial which we assume the other 100 riders managed to do. First two sections were in the start field so we did those and then went back to the van for 10-15 mins to let a few get in front of us, get to the first group and no-ones been through? Did nt really matter though seemed to be plenty of grip whilst riding but not so much whilst walking.

Ended up at the last 4-5 sections on the final lap catching riders who were still no the first lap? must learn to hide better next time and take our time abit more

We also saw 2 Camels? well Ralph saw 2 I only saw one in a field and although Ralph tried to point out the second later I still missed it!!!!

Weather was really nasty on the drive up and not that good when we got there but as soon as we started the sun came out and stayed all day. If it had kept raining the big graded hill climb would have got interesting, but turned out to be easy in the end, we dont have hills that big in Oxford and always great fun having a go at graded climbs

Thanks Again Man 17

Edited by Betarev3

Cheers to all a great days riding, good sections and well marked. Would have liked to see some of the Experts ride 2 of the sections looked a bit nasty. Thanks again.

Justin your keen with that post are you not, wont a job at TMX.And we did see a Bloody Larma thing or a very large dog with a long neck. All most fell off when i saw it a big fluffy thing looking over a wall.

Was that the second camel Ralph or the first? yer looked like a big dog with a long neck, odd thing to see in the middle of nowhere, Caber,Ryan, Dad and Ian, you lads missed a great trial, would have been good practice for east Yorks, Ralph will whoop you now

Edited by Betarev3

Hi BetaRev3, yes I did hear you perfectly over the river, you were one of my first customers :-)

Glad you enjoyed the trial, i loved it, had a great day in the sun, started so badly with the rain too, had plenty of bike time before, after and in between laps so I was happy too. Tom was on section 9 and Pete/Andy Hallam were on on 6&7 so plenty of people to chat to aswell.

Also met PYSCHO who had a familiar face ;-)

Gonna observe the John Mac trial too, so if you're reading this Bill (mac) put me down as an observer, pretty sure Tom Booth will come along and observe too.

Hi BetaRev3, yes I did hear you perfectly over the river, you were one of my first customers :-)

Glad you enjoyed the trial, i loved it, had a great day in the sun, started so badly with the rain too, had plenty of bike time before, after and in between laps so I was happy too. Tom was on section 9 and Pete/Andy Hallam were on on 6&7 so plenty of people to chat to aswell.

Also met PYSCHO who had a familiar face ;-)

Gonna observe the John Mac trial too, so if you're reading this Bill (mac) put me down as an observer, pretty sure Tom Booth will come along and observe too.

Yep was a good day out, me and the boy had 6 and 7 then swapped. Both took marks with only 3 cleans on the tough number 6 on the hard route, 2 of these courtesy of Dan Thorpe and one by Craig Robinson who after cocking it up on the 1st lap made it look easy on the 2nd. An enjoyable day in the sun, managed to just about tolerate the abuse from Andy Hipwell (there is always one!) just a shame more riders don't appreciate the classic good looks of Wulfsport!

Just need to get the bike rebuilt before the Macc trial which is also a superb event.

Eiger

Eiger, looks like we will be doing the Mac trial so hopefully see you there. Yours was the slippy waterfall I made sure I got up on the first lap, remember the bloke who stuck it in 3rd and went 6 feet above it and fell off just past the end cards due to the excessive launch

Thanks Andy for the offer of observeing at the John Mac trial, will pass your message on to to Terry who is sorting that out for us.

I always miss the hipwell as i go on holiday that week every year it seems, just got back today, might well miss the John mac trial as well but don't worry its in good hands.