Engine Covers

doogle

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of these on my bike and think they are excellent.

If they save the casings from damage which they have, that could end the trial

weather they look good or not is imaterial! cast casings are a good

idea but if they are going to cost naerly as much as ones on the bike

whats the point ,and without making them a lot thicker i cant see them being any stronger.

Surely these are products that you buy, and put on your new bike to keep it looking good for when you come to sell it and take them off. I don't think my fork leg protectors look very good, but when you see all the scrapes up them you know that they are doing the job they were meant for. As one of the other posts says if they stop you putting a hole in your casings, and having to retire then they are a good idea whether they are made out of plastic or alloy.

I think the bloke who has put them on e bay is missing a trick, and should be advertising them more from a protective/ preventative angle rather than enhancing the look of your bike. I don't really give a monkeys what my bike looks like when I am riding it in a trial. I just want it to look as close to new as possible when I peel all the protection off and get it ready to sell.

In answer to another question at the start of the thread, I think an original Beta case is just shy of

Edited by Doogle

Well I got my engine cover in the post this morning and it seems good quality.It looks a lot better than it

does in the photo on ebay. I think that the one on ebay has been treated to a bit of bumper n' trim shine hence the tacky looking picture.It is a great piece of kit and will save the engine from getting scraped.

I would reccomend one of these to all.

Mike

engine covers and all that kinda thing are good i suppose but at the end of the day your only keeping the bike good for its next owner

you're also keeping it nice so it will gather more money when you sell it.

.. we are making a bubble wrap suit for Barry and his bike. Either that or he will get a tenner when he sells it

Yeah, I'm selling my bike, I specifically put in the ad on the front page that it hadn't been ridden by barry as a major selling point :guinness::wacko: .

Sorry Barry, brilliant crashes though!

Bob

.. we are making a bubble wrap suit for Barry and his bike. Either that or he will get a tenner when he sells it

Yeah, I'm selling my bike, I specifically put in the ad on the front page that it hadn't been ridden by barry as a major selling point :beer::wacko: .

Sorry Barry, brilliant crashes though!

Bob

Thats amazing! being used as a selling point! fame at such a low low and sad level! :guinness:

I HAVE ALSO SEEN THESE COVERS IN SATIN FINISH BLACK WHICH

LOOK PRETTY GOOD ASWEL. IT'S A SHAME THEY DON'T MAKE COVERS FOR

THE FRAME WHERE THE INSIDE OF YOUR BOOTS WEAR AWAY AT IT WOULD SAVE THE BIKE,

AND YOUR BOOTS TURNING ALL BLACK FROM THE ALLY!