Yamaha Ty 250 Carb

yammyty250

i have a 1995 yamaha ty 250 and was wondering if there was anything i could do to the carb to improve the performance i have taken tha carb off and there is a nut that screw on to the bottom of the jet and wondered if removing this would make any difference

any help would be appriciated cheers tom

tom best bit of kit to get first is the owners service manual tells you how to do everything

other than standard i use a 38 pilot ,150 main and set my float height to 25mm

the nut on the main jet !!! what sort of carb is it ,tk or mikuni !

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Have though of using an VM28 instead of the TK stock. I ordered by mistake pilot for VM26 for my TK, stupid, main fits not pilot. By the way, Mikuni offers a special trial needle, almost fat all the way, odd angle.

Have anyone tested VM28 at TY250R?

Reffering to Bruce, in US, site about optimasing his TY350R, he removed 1mm at the back of the trottle and went up in pilot for better responce.

Cheers, Pat

pat have you got the site address , have tried a old 28mm mikuni and found better response off

the bottom end but could not get it running well when it came onto the needle and main used the

same size pilot/main jets as the tk but unsure of needle and slide also the mikuni was shorter and

had to make a longer adapter to reach the air cleaner boot !

Paioli,

http://www.sudco.com/mikuni.html#vm

Sorry to here that VM28 is shorter. Just reading the diam is same engine 35mm/ air boot 44mm.

As I wrote, ordered the special trial needle 5C23 and pilot 32.5-42.5 wich dont fit TK...

Have read some discussions on this forum abouts carbs, are the common opinion that you should go for Keihin or Dellorto, not Mikuni if possible?

Have spoken to pre-65 riders using Mikuni VM28, they are pleased. Non reeds bikes but anyhow...

P

• 3 weeks later...
tom best bit of kit to get first is the owners service manual tells you how to do everything

other than standard i use a 38 pilot ,150 main and set my float height to 25mm

the nut on the main jet !!! what sort of carb is it ,tk or mikuni !

yeh its like the bible to most tyz owners it has a break down of every component and i have used it on mines plenty of times much better thna the one page manuals u get with some bikes