Colmore Cup

doogle

Any chance of a clubman route on the Colmore next year. I rode last year, and found it to hard. I was secretly quite happy when I ran out of petrol and got overtaken by the people pulling up the pegs.

I would like to ride again this year, as it is by far the nearest national to me, but will have to give it a miss if it's just one route if I am being realistic.

It wasn't a Novogar round last year, so could it possibly go to 2 routes?

Doogle, Colmore is our nearest national as well so we may well be doing it next year. First time for me but most of the other lads have had a go. Yer its tough especially if wet or icey but a good trial never the less. Entries did seem low last year, maybe because it was nt a Novagar round and as you say it would be good to have a clubman route if possible. If we both do it and its too hard I know a good pub just up from one of the groups, we can hide in there for the afternoon.

I am sure Pete will post a reply to you soon about the event

I would really like to make the Colmore a two route event, however the man to convince in reality is Alan Wright.

We are waiting to find out if the Colmore will be a Novogar round again in 2007. I would hope that it is and in that case it will almost definately be a single route event..... Unless the ACU stipulate a second route for over 40's etc.

If we're not given a round again, then there is a chance that we could put in a second route. I am usually responsible for setting out some of the sections, it is actually easier to put in two routes than one in my opinion because the lesser lights won't be doing the hard route.

I'll get back to you on this.

Pete

Edited by scorpa3

I'll be up for a clubman route, as will a few fellow wobblers too.

Yes, I agree. IF the Colmore is a 'stand alone' National again in 2007, there is no reason why we couldn't put on a yellow/green route.

If it is a Novogar Championship round, we would have to go with the ACU's decision on the series. And remember.... the championship IS the clubmans, so it should already be the appropriate severity. (We all know that the Championship is a bit hard for the average clubman, which is where a second route makes sense.)

if you don't get the novagar go for a classic round and give wrighty a free ride that should do the trick!

If we tell him that all these extra easy route riders will be buying lots of kit from TRICO after the trial, that would definately help!

If we both do it and its too hard I know a good pub just up from one of the groups, we can hide in there for the afternoon.

Pub sounds good!

It was about bang on for the first 10 or 15 sections, then when we got to Top Farm it all went wrong for me. After that I ran out of petrol and it was game over.

It would be good if they do get an alternative route, it would certainly fill the entry. More money for the club etc.

We will have to wait and see if it's a Novogar.