What Are The 07 Beta's Like To Ride

mad4it

Having ridden an 06 and a 07 bike to ride back to back there is no noticable

difference in the feel of them they are the same width across the frame

and even sitting on them there does not feel any different i'm

surprised i thought they would have felt a lot smaller.

What are anyone else's veiws on this having ridden them?

As the bike is Lighter and more powerful.. The frame is actually narrower by your calves and slightly wider where the pegs mount .. The Relationships have also changed swingarm pivot to front axle and swingarm pivot to rear axle.. The bike feels considerably lighter in the front , More stable in the rear. Turns sharper than previous years too.. DEFINITE DENIAL !!!!!

Having riden the 07-270 last week the differance I noticed was it felt smaller, the motor seamed stronger and the front end felt lighter. The suspension felt smooth all the way thru the travel.

Overall the changes made the Beta a even better bike.

I get mine in two weeks ! :thumbup:

Yes i spent an afternoon on one and was looking forward

to it being quite a bit different but still with all the beta feel about it

but it was all a bit of an anti climax.

I shall still be getting one though all being well.

there is a bigger steering lock now becuase the clamps just bash into the frame. i think it might be a bit sharper weight wise not much dif

I think how they have obtained the extra steering lock is crock!

Just removed the lock stop bolts so the bottom yoke hits

the frame it has still got the tapped holes in the frame so they

are obviously still using the same previously made castings .

I could have done that in five seconds.

there is a bigger steering lock now becuase the clamps just bash into the frame. i think it might be a bit sharper weight wise not much dif

I think how they have obtained the extra steering lock is crock!

Just removed the lock stop bolts so the bottom yoke hits

the frame it has still got the tapped holes in the frame so they

are obviously still using the same previously made castings .

I could have done that in five seconds.

I maybe wrong but dont the GasGas and Sherco yokes just bash into the frame the same as the Beta

You all make me laugh ... if you spent an hour a day practising instead of typing here .. you would learn how to hop and see that the steering angle and the THICKNESS of the clamp is where the decreased steering RADIUS comes from .. All Top, above average, just about any Riders take the screws out any way..

The beauty part of full lock turning a beta is it does actually turn .. not dip or dive or tuck.. If you get to Demo one .. as we provide demo rides for more than a parking lot test.. You will see , feel and definitely notice all the differances.. One Rider who rides a sherco " The bike stays on line in the creeks better than my bike.. It also has way more power and the power goes to the ground without just spinning.. The suspention is the smoothest I have ever ridden "" five to ten minutes after i started riding I could hop it with less energy and it was so much more stable feeling" (STRA riders)

The beauty part of full lock turning a beta is it does actually turn .. not dip or dive or tuck.

Thanks for this Ron, I did wonder. I was thinking whats the point of a bigger lock if the bike will just wash away or dip in. A good consrtuctive point, don't see the point in posting if what your posting aint worth reading.

Having spent some time on the 07 bike i can say that the extra steering

lock you have got is actually a disadvantage as a few of us riding the bike comented

it locks round so far it locks in on itself and will tip it in!

There is only so much effective steering lock you can use before it has a

negative effect .

I ve been running the 27.5 pilot jet for some time now and it definately makes a difference for the better on throttle pick up and choking up low down. The jet does need cleaning very regulary though compared to the 30 standard. Not tried the smaller main jet yet but might stick it in next week to try.

Repsol decals look good on the 07, but still wish it was in black as the 06 is now