Fm250 Questions

blocky

Sorry about some of these questions. They may appear obvious to some of you but I am just finding my feet.

There is no chain tensioner fitted to my bike. Is this a fantic specific part or are they universal?

The long bolt that mounts the rear swinging arm to the frame seems to be missing a nut on my bike. On the left hand side is an allen head and partially pretruding on the right side seems to be the threaded end. I presume a nut should go on here but is it a special one?

The is no damping effect on the front forks. Does anyone have an exploded view of the forks anywhere please?

Hi blocky,

I will check if I have a chain tensioner. there is a thin nut on the swingarm axle. It is also clamped with an allen head bolt on both sides inside the frame.

The front forks are probably 32mm. Even if 35mm, one aqllen head bolt at the bottom to loosen when the bike is blocked up and wheel is still in place. Once loose, take the wheel out, drain the oil and then remove. slide bottoms off the stancions.

HTH

Edited by Lee Harris