Good Year For First Timers

ishy

Word is the early entry numbers are down from the past few years, good time for first time riders to get an entry in, "Mr. Dabster" can't call yourself a trials rider until you have ridden the world's # 1 trial.

The whole weeks experience lasts for the rest of your life, get em in, you know you want to, would like, should, could, don't cut it!! just do it. :D

Although going on the average organisational skills of a trials rider, I'm guessing there's plenty forms still to come in.... :D

I've just checked the forums on the SSDT website and we currently have two entries more than we had on this day last year! However, we're closing entries a week or two earlier this year, and that's what will make the difference.

Remember guys, any forms arriving after 15th December will be binned on the spot - if they're not with me by then they're not in the ballot (assuming that there is one!) so don't waste time unnecessarily!

Although going on the average organisational skills of a trials rider, I'm guessing there's plenty forms still to come in.... :hl:

I didn't mean the glory days were over, just trying to prompt a few more to get their entires in. :D

Nobody would be more delighted than me if we got bang on 270 entries....I'd get a year off being public enemy number one! :D

Only time will tell, but I've had nothing from the factories, sponsors or importers yet, and that's where the bulk entries tend to come in. I suspect we'll get less than previous years but will still be oversubscribed...I'm guessing we'll get about 380 entries in total.

Anyone any other guesses? Free SSDT sticker to the closest! :hl:

Edited by Highland Lassie

I really am too old and have decided that I have not got the balls or ability to get through the week, but in 2008 I will be there in some shape, thanks for the kind thoughts and words though.

It's not about age, your years on a bike would count for a lot up there. If I can get round with my short supply of ability, then yours would be more than plenty :D

Stick an entry in, you know you want to...

I really am too old and have decided that I have not got the balls or ability to get through the week, but in 2008 I will be there in some shape, thanks for the kind thoughts and words though.

Spend the next 5 months working the fat belly off, you'll be right. It's now or never.

Ralph, you up for it then mate????

Word of warning lads, if you consider Saturday & Sunday of our Three Day tough you need to add in another 20 or 30 miles of forest track work & a fair bit of road work to each day to match up to most days in Scotland, it's a tough old week. The moors go on for miles, no tracks or anything, fantastic!