315r Front Fork Set Up...

big red

Hello everyone, first thank you for all of your knowledge regarding this bike. I'm new to the sport (although I've been riding motorcycles for 28 years) and reading your posts have help greatly.

I'm alittle on the large side ( 6'6" 275 lbs) and I'm putting the bigger TSP spring on the rear shock. However, dispite the fact that I hear great things about the Showa front fork, I would think that I would have to beef up the front forks to? (to keep the sag adjustment correct) I know that a plush suspension is what is desired. I also know that a heavier fork oil can help. And what is the best setting in regards to the round lines on the top of the fork ?

Thank you for your input. Jim

Hello Jim,

You will definitely want a heavier spring for your forks. It's a great improvement on the 315. I weigh 200 and at 275 believe me, you're going to still have the plush Showa suspension you're looking for! The heavier fork oil only helps in the last fraction of your compression stroke and doesn't make any difference to the overall compression dampening. If you're in the U.S., call Charly at CBR (1-800-769-5388), and he'll fix you up with a new spring. Otherwise, good luck and congratulations on riding the best trials bike known to man!!!!!