2007 Sherco

wonder boy

Right just got my new Sherco and am going to get back into trials after a year on and off it. So I was wondering if any of you have and good tips for preparing a new bike to help maintain the bike, I know the usual keep s air filter clean and keep everything greased up well and in good conditions. thanks for any help

Wonder Boy

As i happen to be old and slow, it usually takes me about four evenings in the garage to prep a new one, and as many sextuplets of my favorite ale!

Removing and treating almost every accessable bolt and treating with the grease/anti sieze mix to prevent corrosion. That includes steering head and wheel bearings as well as the rear linkage.

Coating the magneto and flywheel with clear laquer spray and breaking down the tires to add silecone or oil to the inside of the spoke nipples to prevent water entry and corrosion is optional.

Then there is the removal of the wireing and installation of the kill button!(we do not run on roads or use the lights) Now if you want the front lamp to work, you must build a custom harness with a mini -switch!

That should give you something to think about!

:wacko: