Funny Stories

bilco

a mate of mine drowned his Scorpa (best thing for it) only joking, :xmas: in a stream section after taking the advice of a very well known observer in the yorkshire group :) he told him to take a slightly wider line on a tight turn than we had all been taking, the stream was only about 8 inch deep but my mate took the wider line................and found out it was about 3 foot deep :D and promptly drowned the bike..........P :P dont know about you lot but we found it very funny i laughed so much i went into the same section and went straight over bars and broke my finger :D

I was to busy eyening some bird up between sections whilst while pulling a wheelie i never saw the six foot square rock i hit at speed :) end result was me on floor whith bike purched on me, needless to say i got up and pretended i was supposed to do it

:xmas:

I was in line waiting at a section once.i was watching a guy ridding up to the section when all of a sudden he gave the throttle max for no real reason and ended up flipping the bike and he ended up on his a*** before he even got to the the start gate.It was very funny at the time :xmas:

Ok I`ll let you in on a little "mistake" one trial not all that long ago we had a two hour practice session before hand, and was a fantastic venue nice little stream and a bit further up some nice woody hill sections, anyway in the two hour practice R2w, myself and few others were playing about in the stream area a few little jumps as can be found HERE and a nice twisted step up out of the river HERE and then after everything was going so well R2w pointed me at this big green step out of the stream i`d say was about five foot? as everything was going so well I thought ah what the hell.... Well I know a few of you have seen THIS image before! ended up being turned into part of the experts route so that made me happier :D

That was the end of the play session and the trial started. We were in a little group of about 5-6 of us and were last too head off section 1 was fine section 2 not bad think a 2 or a 3 but there was this step i`d seen the youngsters (very very good youngsters i`ll add heres one of them on said step Here ) playing before hand so I thought what the hell (mid trial mind!) result my bike went round the two trees you see on the right solo and I was hanging upside down by my leg from a tree too the left :) and had too make a major pit stop broken throttle tube, brake lever and another set of bent bars oh and a snapped rear mudguard. and about 4 sections too catch up on resulting in far too many points! Still was a very fun day :xmas:

Many many moons ago my sons ty80 refused to start, after much spark plug changing, kill switch checking and fuel fillling it was time to attempt to start the troublesome machine, "Give er a kick!" I said to my son to which he gave a healthy boot to the cylinder head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Towards the end of the Chris Carter trial (I think 2 years ago), as we were fairly tight on time, we dropped off one of the last hills through the trees, a load of bracken, then a steep fairly open field with a load of spectators. My arms were killing me, and I sat down as I rode down in to the field, and dropped both arms by my side, shaking them to get some feeling back.

At that point I hit the badger hole, and the world turned upside down. I just remember the bike bouncing over the top of me, and then bounce again, as I saw the Range Rover and a group of people with a very well organised little picnic set up, and I didn't seem to be slowing down.

Everything went in slow motion as I tried to smother the bike to get the pegs, or anything to dig in to the ground. The bike eventually stopped with me lying across it, and I looked up to see some very scared faces about 10 feet away. "Afternoon, any vodka in that???" was all I could think of.

:xmas:

Quite a few people witnessed that, I reckon 40 or 50. Were you there?

Not a trials story and not real funny but I got a cool pic...

I was riding with some friends and had a little offroad excursion through some small trees. I comntinued riding until the end of the ride, when I went to take my helmet off I couldnt get it off. Something was stuck. The stick you see in the pic went through my helmet liner and ended up where you see it. It went in about 2 1/2 inches and luckily didnt cause any damage to my ears(or brain, I think)I had no idea this happened and it really didnt hurt at the time. Later it hurt quite a bit.

mid_1465-63650EC8E7D3456EB10E323B2CA1539D.jpg

Edited by motofire

Well this didn't happen trialing,but my cousin broke his frame,so we took it to the locale blacksmith and he fixed it allright he welded the throttle cable to the frame. well it wouldn't start so we push started it, and it took of screaming thru town wide open. The bike was junk no brakes and no kill switch. When I got to him he was shaking, he had to pull the plug to kill the motor. Funny to me not to him.

Ok , 2 tales linked to trials:-

1. Trying to kick over my mates bike for him and i asked him to put his finger in the spark cap (I am evil remember).

I jabbed the kick start, he jumped up from shock and banged his lid right into my jaw, chipping my front tooth..just deserts eh?! Both very sore (from laughing).

2.Sitting on my bike (engine idling),queuing on a river bank at a trial in a downpour.

The river bank was undercut by the rising river level and crumbled away like a trap door ditching me and the bike in 3 foot of brown water ( throttle wide open). Really narked----but everyone else peed themselves laughing.