New Engine Any One ?

jamie stokes

I would do what everybody on here has been trying to tell you. Ring Rathmalls, get the proper parts and do it properly. It will be quicker in the long run and and the bike should sound sweet as it has just had a new piston etc. Imagine fitting the cheaper parts and you start it up and it sounds like a bag of hammers. You will then have to get the original parts to do the job properly and you will be seriously peed off and broke! To save a bit of money just ask your Dad if he can reduce his labour charges a bit as you are broke after Xmas. :icon_rendeer:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how could i sell it as a field bike it does not run ?

would i make more money selling it in parts ??

eg selling the wheels sepirat(sp?)

the frame radiator pegs forks air box barrel head fly wheel clutch ect ?

engine casings swing arm ect

Edited by jamie stokes

how could i sell it as a field bike it does not run ?

would i make more money selling it in parts ??

It's your call mate,what's the rest of the bike like?is it worth spending money on and would you get it all back.if you sell it as a non runner there's a chance someone would give you

plain and simply it has been broke for the best part of 10 months and i just want it gone i need the money to wards a new bike for this years trials season(my dad is going through a divorce and hasent got much money at the moment so i am having to get all the money i can towards my new bike )

cheers

jamie stokes

Jamie,you never said it doesn't run.Has it got compression when you kick it over?Does it spark? Does the plug come out wet/have you started stripping the engine,what did it run like before it stopped?Would you be happy with it if it was rebuilt properly,or have you decided you will never be content with it.You won't find any pattern engine parts other than seals and bearings anyway,so its not going to be cheap.Either do it properly or stick it on Ebay for spares,but dont break it up.You'll end up with half the bike andhalf the money.Decision time methinks

The engine is out of the bike and striped just needing the new parts . i would NOT ever ride it again just want to get rid of it its to old to be worth me fixing it i would rather spend money on a new bike (we striped it to see if it was sompthing simple but it is and it isant it only needs a big end bearing (wich is a 10-20 pound part) but that is were the problem is i rang up malcom rathmells and it is

Edited by jamie stokes

Not sure but you may be able to locate a bearing from a bearing supplier/ stockist. Sherco will source their bearings from a large manufacturer, your problem may arise if they have had them made specially for their engines. I replaced my suspension bearings for about a third of the price and they were from the same manufacturer. Piston's and rings will definetely be a Sherco purchase.

Jamie,

not really. Looked for one for my Honda last year and old yeah understand that, but because Honda didn't make them any more, no one else did. You could find the very rare original piston kit (piston, gudgeon and rings) but they were over

Edited by Slapshot 3