Scorpa 125 - 150 Or What Ever It Is

jamie stokes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a Yamaha fan, you gotta' love the colors! I rode an SY175F (143cc) for a little over a year, and absolutely loved the bike. I weigh 225 lbs, and was amazed at how the bike would pull me around. I con only imagine the the now larger engine is that much better. The only problem I experienced with mine was the ground clearance at the front edge of the skidpan. The way the motor mounts results in the front being low to start with, but add my weight to the equation, and I had to be constantly aware of what I was about to hit, or go over.

I have since moved on to the SY250F. Great bike as well, but there is something to be said for the simplicity of that little air-cooled motor. Especially when it comes time to adjust the valves!

My front pipe on my 143 must of been caoated in black chocolate from new because it started peeling as soon as I started it, even now after a wet trial or I didn't dry it well enough I have to give it a quick respray. Pity because the rest of the bike is superb!!!!!!!!!!! anyone recommend a decent exhaust paint that stays on!

My front pipe on my 143 must of been caoated in black chocolate from new because it started peeling as soon as I started it, even now after a wet trial or I didn't dry it well enough I have to give it a quick respray. Pity because the rest of the bike is superb!!!!!!!!!!! anyone recommend a decent exhaust paint that stays on!
Same happened on my 125F. I took all the original paint off and resprayed with some high temp exhaust paint from an auto store. It still peeled off from the first few inches. I'm sure there's a paint that will hold. Maybe somone will post.