Rack Issues

hen barn

HI , I HAVE JUST BROUGHT A DAVE COOPER BIKE RACK AND I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS?

1 WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET MY BIKE ON WITHOUT DROPPING IT?

2 THEY SENT ME 2 STRAPS BUT DID TELL ME WHERE I SHOULD PUT THEM, IS THERE A BEST WAYS

HELP PLEASE

I put one strap around the swing arm and through the rear loop in the rack.

Another strap between the bash plate and the sump and through the front loop in the rack

I put a strap around the top of the forks and attach to the car (the strap goes inside the car via the hatchback)

Never had a problem with it, even on my Ford Fiesta!

I could post a picture if that would help

Mick

when i put my bike on, i wheel the bike up along side it, put the front brake on and lift the back wheel up first then it is steady to put the front wheel on, then strap it round the centre of the bike over the air box, its the easiest way i think, hope this help!

unnecessary strain on the whell bearings?

So your saying that these 6ft drops and steps etc dont put strain on the wheel bearings?? They are god damn tough so little lifting wont make much difference

Just put it on the rack however you find easiest. I would guess that front wheel first would be the easiest

OR just buy a VAN :D

Edited by Essex Rider

True true ER but I mean with the bike being diagonally on the rack with the back wheel first with the leverage of the front end of the bike still on the ground surely thats putting a twisting motion on the bearings when they are meant to be stressed vertically? Or am I just thinking about this way to much and should stop being such a t**t?

Cheers

True true ER but I mean with the bike being diagonally on the rack with the back wheel first with the leverage of the front end of the bike still on the ground surely thats putting a twisting motion on the bearings when they are meant to be stressed vertically? Or am I just thinking about this way to much and should stop being such a t**t?

Cheers

the tyre gives it doesnt twist bearings. back wheel first is easier.