Where To Stay?

old trials fanatic

Well i've booked the time off work but only for the Classic 2 day so plan to drive up on Thursday and stay till Sunday night drive home Monday. At least i should see 1 day of the main event also.

As this is my first time i assumed that Fort William was the best place to find accomodation however at the Trial on Sunday some old hands told me not to but to try and stay at Kinlochleven. They also said that i probably wouldnt have a cat in hells chance as all the accomodation would be booked up already.

So whats the score chaps and chapettes, Highland Lassie included of course got to watch me p's and q's now or i'll probably get a thump, where is the best place to stay and where do i look or have i left it too late and everywhere will be booked up :D

Thanks for that i had already looked at that site along with a few others. My main problem not having been before is knowing where is the best place as in location to stay in. You see i thought the trial was based in Fort William but after taking to the guys on Sunday i dont know anymore. Dont want to miss out on any of the social part :D and dont want to be "billy no mates" stuck miles away from where it's all happenin :wacko:

Thought some of the Scottish mafia and old hands at the Scottish could point me in the right location. Probably get their own back by pointing me in the direction of the loch :wall:

So do i try to find a <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>, Inn, Hotel etc in Fort William or Kinlochleven? :lol:

For some reason the above appeared when i tried to post. So do i try to find a Bed & Breakfast, Inn, Hotel etc in Fort William or Kinlochleven? Strange that dont know why it wouldnt let me type <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>

Edited by Old trials fanatic

. They also said that i probably wouldnt have a cat in hells chance as all the accomodation would be booked up already.

So whats the score chaps and chapettes, Highland Lassie included of course got to watch me p's and q's now or i'll probably get a thump, where is the best place to stay and where do i look or have i left it too late and everywhere will be booked up :D

Well, my room at The Grand in Fort William is free becuase her indoors is pregnant and due in April and she said I cant go!!! :wacko: Can't think why - I've done my bit :lol: First time I've missed it in years but will be back next year with baby in a back pack!!!

Just managed to get a room in Kinlochleven :D

Where did you get OTF. Know someone else looking.

All the action is pretty handy, bikes are a definate no no, otherwise Andy will take your piccy and call you a muppet publicly... :wacko::lol:

if you pm me an e mail addy, I'll send you a scanned copy of last years routes as a guide

Cheers

Donald

All the action is pretty handy, bikes are a definate no no, otherwise Andy will take your piccy and call you a muppet publicly... :D:wacko:

And I will be there for both days of the Pre-65 and the full SSDT week this year (because I'm not going to Japan or Guatamala - yippee!) and I will fulfill on my promise to publicy shame those who jeapordise these events with their selfishness and laziness. :lol:

All the action is pretty handy, bikes are a definate no no, otherwise Andy will take your piccy and call you a muppet publicly... :D:wacko:

And I will be there for both days of the Pre-65 and the full SSDT week this year (because I'm not going to Japan or Guatamala - yippee!) and I will fulfill on my promise to publicy shame those who jeapordise these events with their selfishness and laziness. :lol:

Simple Question......which pub?????

:lol: Bugger just had a phone call from the place i had booked over the phone last night. Allegedly they have made a mistake and have double booked the room. More like realised they can make more money by letting it to two people instead of one so look like i may miss out for another year :wall: Never seems to work out for one reson or another. Perhaps i'm fated not to see the Pre 65 or SSDT ?

Just phoned all the other places i could find on the interweb and they are ALL booked up.

Cest la vie not meant to be.

Hope those of you who have been lucky have a good time :wacko:

Thanks Slapshot for the maps appreciate it M8 :D