Footrests

old trials fanatic

Hi

I am sure this has been covered before but do any of you have any ideas where i can get some footrests c/w mounting plates for welding on or bolt on to an Otter frame kit for a B40 i will (hopefully) be receiving soon?? I seem to remember some chat recently about using some off a current trials bike but i cant remember which one or where they are obtainable from. How much would be nice too. I've looked at the Miller ones and Surrey Cycles and to be honest No too narrow. Would like a bigger area underfoot. If not i may just get some old Bultaco ones and make mountings up but would prefer to buy and fit soem already made up so that should they get damaged spares are available + cant really be bothered with all the welding and fabrication if something as good or better is freely available. So any ideas??? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice BJ. Glad you concur with my feelings about the SM footrests. I have them on my OSSA Yellow gripper and they feel like on a knife edge compared to the ones on the Sherpa, and lets face it they are'nt exactly hi tech but they are broader and support the foot better. As i will be starting from scratch with the B40 i thought i had better fit the best i could find and had forgot the brand that i had seen previously discussed on the site. So Hebo or Sherco ? I've been out of touch with trials for about 18 yrs now so does anybody out there have any ideas where to get Hebo ones from? i assume that the sherco ones are available from a sherco dealer so will try the old search engine. Which are the best? personal preference i suppose but never having ridden a sherco, my last "modern" bike was a TY250R mono loved that bike especially after Mick Andrews had finished with it, i wouldnt have the foggiest idea. As you are fitting Hebo's i must assume they are the dogs danglies. Are they expensive? or do you think i should try the sherco ones first?

If anybody has any other tips re B40 trials and especially Otter frames, spoke to Howard today should be here Monday (another couple of weeks then), i will be soooooooo grateful. :wacko:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Beta boy.

Thanks for the photo. Verrrrrrrrrrrrry nice. :wacko: Bit of a work of art. I'd be worried about getting them dirty even. Think i will stick with the Hebo ones theres too many rocks in these parts and they will get well bashed soon enough. If money were no object ................ but then again it always is isnt it? :D