Ty250 Carb

nick collier

Hi guys and gals.

I have noticed that my recently acquired TY250 Pinky has 2 pipe nipples on the top which have currently got no pipes on them. There is what I assume to be a bleed/overflow pipe coming directly out of the bottom of the carb, but the others are pointing vertically and near to vertically on either side of the float. Should they have breather pipes on them? I am pretty sure they should have, because at the moment, crap can get down the open holes into the carb. If so, where to?

Any ideas?

Nick

Hello again. They should both have a small length of pipe on them as they act as breathers for the carb. More often they go brittle and drop off or fly off during pressure washing etc. You should be able to get some tube the correct diameter (they were clear originally) and cut the tube so as it stops just below the float bowl. If dirt got in then it would end up in the body or float bowl, so best to sort it. :rotfl:

When you say to cut the pipes off just below the float bowl, do you mean that I should bend them downward?

At the moment, without bending, the pipes would go straight up.

Cheers for your replies Bo. I have had a look at the wiring on the Ty, and it has a spare female and a male bullet connector coming from the coil. Does the switch fit inbetween these 2?

TA

Yes bend the pipes down wards, there may be some locating clips to locate them in, but they maybe long gone, basically if the bike is dropped any overflow needs te get out and drain away. Re the kill switch plug one wire into the live side and other into the earth. and when you use the kill switch it earths the spark. :rotfl: