Montesa 315 Speedo Dive

andrew d

I am getting the Montesa ready for an MOT, to which I have taken the spacer from the front wheel and put on the speedo drive unit. However the right angled actuating arm seem to sit in a channel on the wheel with nothing to drive it round. Am I missing a part? Any ideas as this seems very strange, any pictures appreciated. andrew.dodds@btinternet.com

I have just had my 315 put through its first MOT, I had a daylight MOT done,but the speedo issue should be the same. My speedo was not connected for the MOT as it was not required,the only worry that I had in advance was getting a number plate and getting the horn to work,in the end I just got the universal rear number board from YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.Best bet is to go to the garage you will have the job done and talk to them, I did and was told that all I required was a rear visible number plate,I do not have a rear light or brake light (hand signals under the highway code),no speedo the real issue is that you will need a working electric horn. Mine sailed through without any issue,as the bloke who tested it said "there is bugger all to check on these other than the horn,brakes and spokes as you are getting a daylight MOT!" THE mot is timed so there was a lot of time just standing chatting as it is all done on the PC these days he cant just get it over with and sign it..