Trailers.......

andys

Hi

Just bought a 2003 sherco 250....... long story but basically never drink and ebay. I know nothing about trails, me and a mate are going to get the bike on saturday. Just wanted to know how to strap in down on a standard type trailer. And it their is any way to make a normal trailer better to transport trails bikes?

cheers

Andy

ditto to the ebay/alchol warning

my brother ended up with one by "accident" too. :thumbup:

All you need to do is get a few tie downs. Run the bike forward against the front wall of the trailer. Use one tiedown off each side of the handle bars (near the clamps) and possibly one for the rear tire. They shouldn't need to be too tight.

E-bay scary place got a Garage full of stuff

Bought a bike on Saturday and it came with a trailer so I now have 4 Trials Bikes a 3 bike trailer and a 2 bike trailer

Wife thinks I am losing the plot but I can't miss up on a bargain.

I used to transport on a flat, garden type trailer but could never get the bike to stay put on a flat bed.

Bike trailer has saved me loads of grief

hiya good luck with the trialling first of all, when you put the bike on the trailer fix a piece of 3in by 2in timber at either side of the front wheel with a couple of screws this will stop any movement as long as the bike is fastened down well enough. if you are going to use the trailer all the time you could fix a piece of steel channel to the bed for both wheels it doesn`t have to be to heavy a section of steel.

gary

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice, its a mates trailer and he has a bike as well so think we will nend up making a few adjustments to it so that we can use it all the time....

cheers

Andy