Strange Sound From Front?

jimmyk

I have a 03 2.9 and when I hit sharp (small bumps). It sounds almost like the rear of the front fender is hitting the pipe or the tire. Its a slapping sound. Anyone elses bikes do this? I checked all the bolts... And everything is fine. I mostly want to rule out the possibility of internal fork problems. I cant make the bike do it without riding at fairly high speeds, so its tough to tell where its coming from. THANKS JK

The back of the mudguard is slapping against the rear of the front wheel. I fixed this by putting a pop rivet on each side of the front mudgaurd into the fork brace. This stopped the slapping at speed by putting a small amount of tension into the plastic.

• 3 weeks later...

No Thanks, Red Man, I kinda like gear shifters that work and kickstarters as well. And I really hate having to replace fork seals every two weeks! The gasser was two pounds lighter though when we weighed them as I recall. It'll all be in Trials Comp. soon! B)