Rev 3 Carb Problem?

taylo63

Hi all

I have a 2005 Beta rev 3 which starts/runs ok hot or cold, however I have noticed that on down hill sections I have to "blip" the throttle to keep the engine running. It is not a major issue but is a bit annoying. I have also noticed that the bike seems to be using more petrol than my previous bike ( mont 315 ) although I have not actually seen any leaking !!

Any thoughts ideas would be much appreciated.

Have a search on the beta section on the forum, There are detailed instructions on how to adjust the float tangs so that fuel doesn't overflow into the crank case, If fuel still dribbles out of the carb onto your engine casings then you can do the carb drilling mod, there is a thread on it at the moment if you take a look.

It is a pretty common query.

:icon_salut:

Bob

• 3 months later...

Hi taylor. Did you sort this out?

I have same problem. Ive done some of the recommended Carb mods i.e. changing the float level in line with back tower. BUT still same problem. Really fed up with it now coz its a dab at best or landing on my head at worst.

Getting fed up with teh bike so got to be sorted quick. Cheers

Hi all

I have a 2005 Beta rev 3 which starts/runs ok hot or cold, however I have noticed that on down hill sections I have to "blip" the throttle to keep the engine running. It is not a major issue but is a bit annoying. I have also noticed that the bike seems to be using more petrol than my previous bike ( mont 315 ) although I have not actually seen any leaking !!

Any thoughts ideas would be much appreciated.