Rear Brake Hose

sane

mine broke also, they are mounted way to close to the exhaust and become weak when the heat gets to them. when you get the new one on, make sure you put heat wrap around the new hose to protect it from the heat of the mufler.

mine broke also, they are mounted way to close to the exhaust and become weak when the heat gets to them. when you get the new one on, make sure you put heat wrap around the new hose to protect it from the heat of the mufler.

The rear brake hose is not near the exhaust,, I have just replaced mine, you will have to raise the bike and dissconect the rear shock at the top, this allows the swing arm to drop low enough to reach the master cylinder, undo the master cylinder and wiggle it out just enough to undo the banjo, when you fit the new one make sure the master cylinder goes back in and the pipe is at the correct angle before you tighten the banjo propperly.....

Scrumpy

your must be diferent to mine, mine is an sy250 04 ,and the brake hose is right against the expansion chamber ,my brake hose was all black and burnt from being right next to the expansion chamber of the exhaust. I have no reason to lie !!will post pics of the hose if need be!

Edited by restoremaz

your must be diferent to mine, mine is an sy250 04 ,and the brake hose is right against the expansion chamber ,my brake hose was all black and burnt from being right next to the expansion chamber of the exhaust. I have no reason to lie !!will post pics of the hose if need be!

Near is a subjective term.

The rear brake on my 2005 SY250 is near to the collector box, but certainly not touching.

The gap is 22mm, take a look.

aa1.jpg