Cabastany Or 2007 ?

ianc

If it were me, I'd probably get the '07 Sherco. I have a Cabby, and the main difference is the motor, carb and bars. I had to change the bars because they were too low for me, and went to fat bars. The Cabby motor is superb, but the stock 2.9 has plenty and then some. The '07 has the Cabby suspension, as I understand it. Both ride practically the same I am told. Unless you want the special graphics and more motor, the '07 will do the job.

thanks for the reply !!

graphics on either bike will probobly be changed !!!

i like the 2005 look that i have at present :blink:

If it were me, I'd probably get the '07 Sherco. I have a Cabby, and the main difference is the motor, carb and bars. I had to change the bars because they were too low for me, and went to fat bars. The Cabby motor is superb, but the stock 2.9 has plenty and then some. The '07 has the Cabby suspension, as I understand it. Both ride practically the same I am told. Unless you want the special graphics and more motor, the '07 will do the job.

i just re-read this ....

if the 2007 was cheaper than the cabestany it would make more sense , but the cabby is the cheaper bike , so its a better buy ??

thanks

ian

Depends upon how mush you want Fat Bars, Billet Clamps ans New Swingarm! :rolleyes:

if i wanted fatbars and billet clamps i would but them on . not an issue .

i have been researching posts on the forum ( a lot of them from you , thanks ) and i believe the new swing arm is lighter ?? how much difference to how it rides would this make ?

is fatbars/clamps/swing arm worth approx 500 more than the paxau motor and other cab bits ? this is the price difference between the bikes

btw , the new boot guard looks a good idea !!!

will this fit on the older swing arm ??

also , i wanted to buy your carbon arm protectors for my sherco , but now i'm selling the bike i need to know if they will fit either of the bikes i'm looking at :crying:

thanks for all your help

ian

Edited by ianc

Hmmmm, nothing wrong with either bike, not sure if that is 500 US or UK? Makes a difference!

To tell you the truth, I went through the same delema! Just go for the '07 and put a Kiehin on if you are so inclined! Depends upon the power you want, but the '07 is very smooth to begin with.

I think the slightly shorter swing arm of the '07 works well! Very responsive! And the bike is supposed to be 1 kilo lighter, although I have not weighed it!

Although I cannot sell anythin here, I can tell you that the "skinny" CF swingarm guards for the '07 are in testing and mine stil look new after a dozen trials! I still make the wider ones for the prior years.

M2C :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

still not got a new bike , but have my old one on ebay , so thats definately going !!!

have a few interesting leads to follow up ;)

Hmmmm, nothing wrong with either bike, not sure if that is 500 US or UK? Makes a difference!

To tell you the truth, I went through the same delema! Just go for the '07 and put a Kiehin on if you are so inclined! Depends upon the power you want, but the '07 is very smooth to begin with.

I think the slightly shorter swing arm of the '07 works well! Very responsive! And the bike is supposed to be 1 kilo lighter, although I have not weighed it!

Although I cannot sell anythin here, I can tell you that the "skinny" CF swingarm guards for the '07 are in testing and mine stil look new after a dozen trials! I still make the wider ones for the prior years.

M2C :)

• 4 weeks later...