More 175 Stuff!

austini

Is anyone out there using the flat bash plate for thier 175? is it worth the $$$?

Can anyone give me a comparrison between the power of the 168cc vis the 143cc? would a conversion be worth it?

My 175 will not fully rev out, for 99.99% of stuff she is fine its just that .01%????? The bike has all the Birkett mods, jetting muffler etc: and the carby, plug and needle postion have all been checked.

Any ideas?

Did it "rev out" before? If it did maybe it's one of the mods you did.

If it has never "revved out", maybe that's it and your at the bike limit. How do you know it has more left in it. Have you put a rev counter on it?

More information may be needed for a full diagnosis.

If it is more top end you require then maybe the 163cc kit is probably the way to go for you. Percentage wise it is a substancial jump in volume.

Ned

I'm pretty sure she never reved out from new, not that I reved it much whilst running in!! saying that its only recently that i've noticed it mainly due to my son (expert) using the bike to train on whilst his Beta is broke (again). Because, technique wise the engine needs to be reved more to climb the bigger stuff the problem has come to light, also i'm trying to improve my riding using my sons more advanced techniques so I now notice it more.

I did cure some of the problem when I noticed the choke adjustment had tightened slightly on the handlebars but that only cured part of the problem. I have tried the standard jetting and reved out the bike without the airfilter and she still splutters at top revs!!!