Tc Users Going To Ssdt This Year

bigfoot

I was thinking maybe Wednesday evening. We could meet up for a pint in the West End Hotel (just across from Parc Ferme) 7:30 ish.

I'm not the TC social sec but if people are in FW and want to know what's happening and where to meet up you can text me on 07920 210216 and I'll do my best to arrange something. PM me your phone numbers, names and TC handles and I'll contact you if something happens unplanned as is often the case.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple coming from this neck of the woods. Ian Braithwaite (Auckland), Nigel Shilton (Tauranga) & Steve Armistad (Thames).

John, see if you can dig up Ian. Ian's a good lad. He'll probably (!) be in the in the Alex in the evenings.

I was thinking maybe Wednesday evening. We could meet up for a pint in the West End Hotel (just across from Parc Ferme) 7:30 ish.

This works for me, we could move on to the Milton to hook up with HL later on? Shall we comit to this now and set it as the time and place?

This works for me, we could move on to the Milton to hook up with HL later on? Shall we comit to this now and set it as the time and place?

Sounds good to me. I'll wear my TC shirt so strangers will know who to come and see. I think all TC shirt owners should do the same if for no other reason than to rub them in Donald nose.

God I hope not.

You'll be forever known for that piccy John ;);) ...man at c&a

I'll get my T shirt eventually, just cos you got one first. Wednesday sounds good be nice to put a few more faces to names

A rare photo of a Scotsman with his hand in his pocket ;-)

I'll see you lads in the west end Wed 7.30pm

God I hope not.

I'll get my T shirt eventually, just cos you got one first. Wednesday sounds good be nice to put a few more faces to names

Hand in pocket to prevent money escaping...a trick handed down through the years, I believe its also a hereditary trait in Yorkshire :angry:

Edited by Slapshot 3

God I hope not.

Hand in pocket to prevent money escaping...a trick handed down through the years, I believe its also a hereditary trait in Yorkshire ;)

So is webbed feet.

Allegedly :angry:

He he. Hird looking like he's modeling the latest in Highland apparel. All he needs is a labrador.

John, I think the best way to find Ian is through Big John. Ian's got some parts for him so Big John will know who to look for.

What happened in the Alex in '05? Did you get thrown out?

Their idea of service was less than ours. We all got cupboards instead of rooms, the food was *****, the staff were rude & they shut the bar at 11pm

We were four minutes late for dinner (yes, FOUR minutes) and we got a load of crap from a gobby bitch waitress for being late. As if that weren't enough for her to launch on we dared to ask if it were possible to fit two more people in. Despite the table being more than capable of handling the extra two she launched on us again. Never mind the extra revenue, it was inconvenient for her. Customer service? Sorry - don't do that.

The Alex used to be THE place to be during SSDT week when Ian Milton owned it. It was bouncing every night of the week. Since he sold it to Strathmore Hotels the attitude sucks. There is no interest in the customer and they insist on closing the bar at 11pm - even to residents (WTF?!) I know some of the staff who have been there long term and they can't understand it. It's a place I tend to avoid these days. The West End seems to have taken over as the place to be. Best to leave the Alex to the coach tours.