Kickstart Problems

edgas250

05' 280 which has kickstart problems, now im new to the trials world so have to go easy on me, when its been left standing it will start 1st/2nd time without use of choke, but once warm its an absolute bugger to get going again, with or without the choke,

any ideas where to start?

turn your mixture screw out by half a turn and try it then you should need choke on from cold and then it should start easier when hot, keep turning it half a turn out until it starts and runs well then look at the plug you will then be able to see if the mixture is ok and that

turn your mixture screw out by half a turn and try it then you should need choke on from cold and then it should start easier when hot, keep turning it half a turn out until it starts and runs well then look at the plug you will then be able to see if the mixture is ok and that

i took the plug out and cleaned it, it was covered in black deposit, it seems to be starting better now, dont think it was to do with me cleaning it, more to do with having a 'knack' to starting it, since its been starting 2nd/3rd kick with choke on from cold and off when hot,

one other thing ive notices is the side vents for the air filter are blocked up with tape to stop water getting on the filter, will this reduce air flow at all?

Hi there,

I tape up these holes on all of my Gassers, no problem with air flow.

Not really enough info to help here but it sounds like the bike is running very rich.

Is the air filter clean?

Have you stripped and cleaned the carb - completely, including the needle jet?

Check the carb jets:

Needle D36

Emulsion tube (needle jet) 270K

Pilot 30

Main jet 118

Check the float arms are parallel to the base of the carb body with the carb upside down.

Bye, PeterB.