Another Bar Post

flipper

with all the talk about bars, i was wondering about different heights for myself: 06 gasser, and i'm 5'7", with 33" long arms. monkey arms, some might say.... but anyways, i'm a stateside intermediate rider going to advanced soon(maybe), and was wondering about the effects of a shorter bar like the dougie fat bar. it's 20mm shorter and 10mm more in width. what would the ups and downs be?

If your back don't hurt use the lower profile bars. You are kind of tall so lower bars might make you slump over putting you in a uncomfortable riding position, but I would roll my bars forward and with long arms it would give you more room on the bike. Wide bars are great until you jump up on a large rock with a tree on each side and you bang booth little fingers on each hand, ask me how I know. LOL

If your back don't hurt use the lower profile bars. You are kind of tall so lower bars might make you slump over putting you in a uncomfortable riding position, but I would roll my bars forward and with long arms it would give you more room on the bike. Wide bars are great until you jump up on a large rock with a tree on each side and you bang booth little fingers on each hand, ask me how I know. LOL

5'7" is tall??? tulsa must be groing them short these days! must be all that oil exposure!! just joking! funny, i grew up in lawton, left ok in 95. for me, rolling the bar forward tends to give me control issues, as in too twitchy. i want to try different bars, but damned expensive!! Thanks for the reply.