Scum Tried To Break Into My Garage

mally

Yup, this morning i found my garage lock and the casing its in was pretty much knacked i suppose the scum will be back soon so anybody got any ideas to make my garage more secure

Btw my bike is a 1999 scorpa 250, my most prized possession.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say that if they want it they will get it. In Bike magazine a few years ago they dedicated a whole issue to theft. They interviewed an ex bike thief who said that the only place he wouldnt go to rob a bike was if it was in someone house. The only reason was that it would involve a charge of aggrivated burglary. This from a bloke who nicked a bike to get home from court. Hope this isnt to depressing :D

Put a wire free baby moniter in your garage so if the scum come back you will hear them trying to break in at night and then you can go out and batter the scum with your baseball bat. This is what i intend to do the next time someone comes to nick my bikes. I have had two bikes stolen but luckily i got them both back i have also done other things to stop my bikes being stolen but dont want to put them on the internet

Thanks, since then ive put a chubbs container lock so i don't think they'll be getting in but as a precaution ive put the bike in the house for a week or more, they also went in the shed which had sum pretty expensive stuff so there obviously teenage chavs

thanks for all your posts btw that baby monitor and taking a wheel off the bike are pretty nice ideas

Thanks

if your garage has a side door as well as the up and over only use the side door and bolt the up and over closed by putting padlocks through the runners above the door this will stop it opening short of taking the damn thing off

always chain the bike to something even if its just the patio furniture 9how easy to wheel your bike away whilst chained to a table and four chairs..

Put a wire free baby moniter in your garage so if the scum come back you will hear them trying to break in at night and then you can go out and batter the scum with your baseball bat. This is what i intend to do the next time someone comes to nick my bikes. I have had two bikes stolen but luckily i got them both back i have also done other things to stop my bikes being stolen but dont want to put them on the internet

A baseball bat is premeditated. Whereas a full glass lemonade bottle at the side of your bed, in case you get thirsty during the night, isn't.

My brother had a shotgun cartridge thing he used in his pickup after he had two trucks stolen last year, works off a wire and has the same noise as a shotgun going off when triggered. Not 100% how legal it is in this country but i will ask him this week and where he got it from, all you would find in the morning would be your nice shiney bike still in place but a large pile of **** near the door.

Could always spur off the garage ring main to the bike frame and wait for the lights to flicker, same thing in the morning, nice shiney bike still there but scorched chav welded to it

My brother had a shotgun cartridge thing he used in his pickup after he had two trucks stolen last year, works off a wire and has the same noise as a shotgun going off when triggered. Not 100% how legal it is in this country but i will ask him this week and where he got it from, all you would find in the morning would be your nice shiney bike still in place but a large pile of **** near the door.

Could always spur off the garage ring main to the bike frame and wait for the lights to flicker, same thing in the morning, nice shiney bike still there but scorched chav welded to it

Do you have any South African in your blood? :D

Seriously though as stated alarms are cheap enough nowadays though most people will ignore these so if you are a deep sleeper then I think the shotgun thing Betarev3 is on about is a blank fireing gun as used in things like army cadets I guess? Or maybe an athletics style starter gun? hook it up to a trip wire should scare them and wake the neighbourhood up nicely

Baby monitor.... good idea.

Go and batter them..... very bad idea. Ring the police and wait.

If the bike gets nicked it's a lot better than......

1. You have the baseball bat taken off you and get battered yourself.

2. They shoot you in the head.

3. You batter them and go to jail.

It's not worth dying for a motorbike, sorry to those who disagree but it really isn't.