Cabby Power Loss

stuart30

Recently bought a cabby 06 which did have the engine retarded as well as a spacer plate next to the carb. I have had the bike put back to standard as well as sticking on a fast action throttle, rode it as the weekend but when it winding it up for a big climb the bike would die half way up, sometimes it would suddenly come back to life just before stalling, not all the time but this happened at least 6 or 7 times during the comp. I had forgot to take the plate out next to the carb which I am assuming was not allowing enough fuel through quick enough and choking itself. Does this sound like it was the plate causing the problems or has anyone got an idea of what could be causing the failure?

Sounds like you need to strip and clean the carb, check float height setting and fuel screen in tank.

The spacer goes between the reed block and motor, only makes things a little smoother. :D

Also, be sure the bowl vent is not blocked. Not sure if the carb on the Caby bike has the vent open on the left side? Might be a good time to open(drill out) that one as well and install a short hose on it, as they are very sensitive to (not) being able to equalize pressure in the bowl!

Standard jetting on the Keihin is around 45/125 with needle in third groove as I recall, your mileage may vary!

Edited by copemech

It does sound luck muck, or water, in the carb - which wouldn't be surprising after the rain that fell on Sunday!

Anyway, you need to get it fixed before this weekend as there is an old boy on a Scorpa who will be looking to kick your butt otherwise.. :D