Pro300 Rear Tubeless

pinangkia

hi..this is my fisrt post here,just started riding trail two week ago.i brought a used 06 gasgas txt pro 300,after viewing through the web i get know is a tubeless setup at the rear but mine come with tube setup. properly someone can show me how can i convert it back to tubeless setup.i had took of the tyre and have a look inside,the rim tape still there.i think i miss the tubeless air valve...or can it be the valve are together with the rim tape???i just cant understand how the tubeless works on a spoke rim.

thanks

The first thing to try is to buy a tubless valve from a dealer. Fit this in and replace your tyre and inflate. There is a chance that the tyre will go down as the previous owner had a puncture and this is why a tube has been fitted. This is simple to solve, you either have it repaired or fit a new tyre.

However, it the reason a tube is fitted is that the spokes leak air, then you will also need a new rim tape.

thanks scorpa3...but i forgot to state that i have put in a pair of new tubeless tyre.i go through the gasgas parts list and found that the tubeless valve and rim tape are separate unit,this mean that the previous owner had put a hole on the rim tape for the tube valve to go through.

i just want to confirm that i need to buy the valve and rim tape.why i need the confirmation because i cant find any dealer at my country,the nearest is Taiwan.so if i get the part number wrong than i have to repeat order again.

thanks again.

There should be a hole in the rim tape for the valve to go through be it a valve on a tube or a tubeless valve. For all the cost of a rim tape I'd order one and a tubeless valve. The rim tapes can be a pain I've resorted to fitting mine ones with a good bead of silicon over the spoke ends just to ensure a seal. Dont worry about the mess once its dry it peels off easily if you later have to change a tape again.

There should be a hole in the rim tape for the valve to go through be it a valve on a tube or a tubeless valve. For all the cost of a rim tape I'd order one and a tubeless valve. The rim tapes can be a pain I've resorted to fitting mine ones with a good bead of silicon over the spoke ends just to ensure a seal. Dont worry about the mess once its dry it peels off easily if you later have to change a tape again.

I've tried the sealer ontop of the rim tape and despite high quality marine sealer and careful cleaning, my wheel still looses air from the spokes. The next thing I am going to try is; as Bigfoot says, rim tape off and sealer on the spokes first.

It only goes down 1psi a day so I can put up with it until the next tyre.

I've tried the sealer ontop of the rim tape and despite high quality marine sealer and careful cleaning, my wheel still looses air from the spokes. The next thing I am going to try is; as Bigfoot says, rim tape off and sealer on the spokes first.

It only goes down 1psi a day so I can put up with it until the next tyre.

Put in some tyre sealant - Goop /Dr sludge - and forget about it,when you come to change tyres,scoop it out and put it in the new tyre -Job done

Get a new tubeless tyre valve, preferably a steel one, the original ones are alloy and are a bit weak. Also clean the rim and refit the rim tape with silicon sealant, allow it to dry overnight before you refit and inflate the tyre. And you'll have no more problems.