Tys125f

scoobie

Hi,

Just bought a used one of these and it looks like the bike's 'done a bit'. I've got the owners manual which gives some info and torques for the axles, but does anyone know where I can find any other info?

Preferably the following:

1). Other torque settings for the swingarm, shock, pinch bolts, fork clamps, etc, etc.

2). Owners manual mentions a paper oil filter - where's this located? Behind the drain plug, or will I need to remove the bashplate to locate it?

3). How to check and adjust the bucket and shim valves, and what the tolerances are?

Cheers,

Can't help with torque numbers.

No oil filter on mine, but there is a wire screen located inside the right enging cover. If you want to clean this, be sure to have a new gasket on hand. The old one was stuck hard. Probably not necessar to clean this very often as it would only catch good sized pieces. Like when there was some hard transmission usage, or bad engine wear/failure. With no filter, it's a good idea to change the oil often, and right after a good warm run. This removes suspended particles.

Valve clearance Cold= 0.08-0.12 inlet, 0.10-0.14 exh. Screw and locknut adjusted. Make sure you're on top dead center of the power stroke when adjusting. I use a small round wood rod or piece of wire in the spark plug hole to check for tdc. Put it in top gear, rear wheel off the ground, and bump the wheel to make small movements in engine.

Edited by donmurray

• 2 weeks later...
Can't help with torque numbers.

No oil filter on mine, but there is a wire screen located inside the right enging cover. If you want to clean this, be sure to have a new gasket on hand. The old one was stuck hard. Probably not necessar to clean this very often as it would only catch good sized pieces. Like when there was some hard transmission usage, or bad engine wear/failure. With no filter, it's a good idea to change the oil often, and right after a good warm run. This removes suspended particles.

Valve clearance Cold= 0.08-0.12 inlet, 0.10-0.14 exh. Screw and locknut adjusted. Make sure you're on top dead center of the power stroke when adjusting. I use a small round wood rod or piece of wire in the spark plug hole to check for tdc. Put it in top gear, rear wheel off the ground, and bump the wheel to make small movements in engine.

Thanks for that and sorry for the delay in replying.

I take it the clearances you mention are in mm?

Edited by Scoobie