Bultaco Sherpa Mots

rcgods

Just looking at the MOT regs and it says that bikes first used after the 1st Jan 1973 must have horns which are not of bulb type. Do many testers notice this or can I get away with it?

If not, how would I wire in a horn to the wiring? The bike in question is a Model 124 with the standard Femsa igntion with the Red wire replaced by Black (other wires as standard) and I don't normally use a chocolate block in the wiring systems.

Another question is how do tester react to slightly bent wheels (luckily I have a good set :()

Just looking at the MOT regs and it says that bikes first used after the 1st Jan 1973 must have horns which are not of bulb type. Do many testers notice this or can I get away with it?

If not, how would I wire in a horn to the wiring? The bike in question is a Model 124 with the standard Femsa igntion with the Red wire replaced by Black (other wires as standard) and I don't normally use a chocolate block in the wiring systems.

Another question is how do tester react to slightly bent wheels (luckily I have a good set :()

Re the horn just get a battery operatd one for a push bike from Halfords or local bike shop. As long as it's constant tone no problem.

The wheels will probably cause a fail unless you can find a sympathetic tester. Try asking your local Trials shop or the guys in the club where they get their bikes m.o.t'd. If you can find a Trials or off road sympathetic tester even if a few miles away it may be worth it ?