Ty 250 Forks

jamesty

hi iv recently been taking my forks apart on my ty 250 i have got the cap off and the spring out but i dont know how to get the tube out i have tryed taking the allen key bolt out that is at the bottom of the forks but it is just turning with no apparent effect can anyone help :thumbup:

twin shock or mono?

If mono, spin off the lower bolt with an air wrench.

Or, make a tool like this from tubing and 7/8 inch, 22 mm hext nut welded to end. Insert down into tube from top to hold the damper rod while you use a socket wrench on the bottom outside of leg.

Can't recall how post pictures. Basically, I took a 22 mm hex nut wand welded to end of 1/2 inch diamter stainless teel tubing (or rod) about 18 inches long. Then welded a 3/8 drive socket to the top end to accept the ratchet handle. The damper rod has a 12 sided picket on top of it the hex nut fits right into.

Alternate, use several hx nuts tacked together and put them in a socket and extensions. Inconvenient, as they can fall out donw in the fork tube.

• 1 month later...
hi iv recently been taking my forks apart on my ty 250 i have got the cap off and the spring out but i dont know how to get the tube out i have tryed taking the allen key bolt out that is at the bottom of the forks but it is just turning with no apparent effect can anyone help :wacko:

I ended up purchasing a axle nut socket for the newer bikes workes great.