Power Valve Motor?

jmutiger

This is less of a serious topic, but more of a pipe dream. Has anyone put a more current YZ250 motor with power-valve into a SY250?

The new YZ Motors would be great in a trials bike, and the new Carbs are amazing.. As are the power valves. I can only imagine how much fun I'd have on a SY250 long ride with some serious snap to it.

Oh, with that said, does anyone have a SY250 Racing Flywheel they'd like to sell, or swap for my Long Ride flywheel?

Thanks,

Jon

Okay, lets imagine I'm walking into your shop now. Do you happen to have any SY250 Racing flywheels laying around?

I'll talk to Don next time I go in there, for sure.. But I'm just asking the general world if anyone has a flywheel for sale, which might expand my search considerably from one guy essentially.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, lets imagine I'm walking into your shop now. Do you happen to have any SY250 Racing flywheels laying around?

I'll talk to Don next time I go in there, for sure.. But I'm just asking the general world if anyone has a flywheel for sale, which might expand my search considerably from one guy essentially.

Jon

Might be easier to just machine yours down to the racing spec. It is only a small bit that gets removed, and it is not all the way across the O.D. surface. In other words, what gets turned off is only about a 1/4 inch of the width of the O.D. surface.

If you contact Mike Komer at the TryalsShop (www.tryalsshop.com) he can probably give you the exact specs.