Dave Rowland Today

Big thank you to all at the Man17 Club for the Trial today and all the helpers/observers <_<

Weather was alot better than forecast and only lashed it down briefly mid afternoon, usual great sections all round, lots of streams and rock outcrops, some very,very slippy as well. Nearly a 30 mile loop of 40 sections and plenty of time allowed to get finished, we actually came in 90 mins early for a change :o

Four of us braved the journey up and the weather (ralph,James and Jon) and really enjoyed the day and the Trial, I rode like a cock for some reason? and seemed to go clean on sections the top clubmen riders struggled with, then three'd or fived the easy sections? Ran out of petrol twice :wall: looks like i will have to invest in a fuel bottle for the next road trial. Thanks to James for emptying some of his fuel into my bike at section 21 and thanks to the Mont rider who pushed me back a mile or so to the Paddock :D Pretty sure Ralph got the best score out of us, but as he said he had abit of a slack day here and there as well.

Had a brief chat with Pete Hallam (Eiger on TC) who was only on 2 halfway round? he's done it again!!!!! you must have been well up there Pete if you kept that sort of score for the rest of the Trial, how did your lad do?

Kev Hipwell seemed to be going well along with John Hulme, must have been close between those three at the end.

Richard Allen was on our route but didnt manage to ask him what he ended the day on, bet it was very low though.

Many thanks again Man 17 :D

Edited by The Addict

Just

Yes bloody good trial, the Gasser made my arms about a foot longer compared to the Yam! After speaking to you I had a five and a few more followed with the Hipwell brothers giving me stick! My lad went for a few mile 'diversion! along the road (he's obviously colour blind if the flags are orange!!) Great day out though and glad you enjoyed it, had a superb and rather painful handstand on the bars after burying the gasser in a deep bog on route to the third group. My lad looked the other way, and my mate Phil Turner peed himself (although he is now at at that age where it happens normally!!) Great day and cracking sections too. Regards Pete.

Yes an extremely well organised trial. A huge amount of work must have gone into setting out so many different groups of sections. Well done to Man 17.

With regards to my peronal performance, after about section ten for me, it was game over. Just went to peices. I was so un bike fit. It was from then on just a case of getting to the end, legs flying everywhere. I hit every hole and rock in the trial. It is such a vicious circle the more tired you are the harder you have to work, but at least it is a step closer to fitness. I was kidding myself to think that a rider of my low ability could not ride their bike for 5 weeks and come along to a trial like this and get on ok. I was lucky to even finish I was so knackered.

An absolutely fantastic trial with so many different groups of sections. I will be back again next year.

Edited by Doogle