Pedal Trial Bike

dfwilson

Doug,

Set your bike up as a single speed, you allready know I'm sure, but the spacer kits are cheap. I've seen people actually using springsteel type tensioners fastened to the chain stay, this eliminates the clumbersome derailure hanging down in the way.

I actually have had a couple trials bikes, the first a Echo Pure long frame, bought as a complete bike from Webcyclery. Then I bought a BT 5.0 from Poland and now I have a BT 6.0 Raven. But now I would like a BT 7.0 because this new frame has horizontal drop outs, direct drive!

Something to keep in mind is brakes, I've had Hydraulic brakes and they are a pain in the toot! Both magura's and Hydro disk. I'm very happy now with V-brakes in the back and Advid mechanical disk in the front!

I like Stock over mod, but if could afford it I would own a Mod long.

I'm saving for a uni-cycle, I would like to ride a uni-cycle and play my claw hammer banjo, thinking of joining a circus! :D

I have Maggies on my Ashton and they are ace, but if you ride like a teenager, i.e every night they may become a pest i dont know, although i have heard good things about the Avids.

Which ever brakes you choose rim type wise i reckon tar on the rims takes some beating!! much less agressive than smashing an angle grinder into your new rims!!!

Speak to r2w he has good things to say about riding a modded MTB and not falling for the youngsters tricks like trying to make you think you need 08 components to even do a stoppie!!, do it budget man its the only way !!

I would quite like a Mod long too if anyone needs space in their shed!!

DISCLAIMER!! i got my Ashton at cost thats why i have an almost reasonable bike!! and all the so called bling on my bike is good stuff but old stock from Grip and Tartybikes(top blokes they are)

Edited by lastplacebrad

Ashton is here in weston tomorrow.... will take the camera to work i think ;)

Martin Hawyes and Martyn Ashton are both fantastic riders. Ali Clarkson is not so bad either. I would love to see pics or video if you get some.

Thanks

DFW.

Edited by dfwilson