Windows Movie Maker

fordson major

I've just bought a new laptop and it's got Movie Maker on so I've being having a play about with it and have got stuck on a few things;

• When I try to put audio files on (i.e music) from a CD I get a message saying that it won't let me because it's protected by digital rights management or something like that
  • Is it possible to adjust the balance between music and he video clip halfway through the video?.

Any help appreciated,

Rob

I've just bought a new laptop and it's got Movie Maker on so I've being having a play about with it and have got stuck on a few things;
  • When I try to put audio files on (i.e music) from a CD I get a message saying that it won't let me because it's protected by digital rights management or something like that
  • Is it possible to adjust the balance between music and he video clip halfway through the video?.

Any help appreciated,

Rob

I can't answer your first question but the second one is easy enough.

You need to import your video into the current project, this will show in the 'Collections' pane in the centre of the screen. Drag and drop your clips to the 'Storyboard' that sits along the bottom of the screen. Click on 'Show Timeline' and then click on the '+' symbol next to where it says 'Video'.

This will expand and show the seperate video and audio data from your camcorder recording. If you import another audio file (E.g. music), this will be placed on the next line down called 'Audio/Music'. Pressing play will show the original video and audio along with the audio you just imported.

So, right click on each audio segment under each clip and adjust the volume, mute, fade in or fade out for both your original and imported audio files :wacko:

Oops!

Just re-read your post and realised what you are trying to do.

Stop the video at a point where you want the camcorder audio to stop and your imported audio to start. Click 'Clip' on the main menu and then 'Split' (or press the button under the preview pane). This will split the original clip into two seperate clips, right click the first half of your camcorder audio and choose 'Fade Out' then right click the second half of your music audio and choose 'Fade In'.

The video element will play seamlessly, the camcorder audio will fade out and the music will fade in. If there is too much of a gap, simply drag the music audio to the left so that it over laps the camcorder audio. Does this make sense? :wacko:

PS.

Either delete the second half of your camcorder audio or 'Mute' it. See the attached MS Word document with screenshots...

WMM.doc

Edited by Kinell